Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Snowmen, Snowmen and more Snowmen

From some of the wooden ones I made several years ago


to the ones on top of my spice rack



 to the ones on my cookbook shelf
  

to the one on the windowsill


to my little helpers in snowmen aprons decorating sugar cookies. (see recipe below)



Here's Avery getting good at decorating. She had both hands sprinkling.
And she kept sprinkling while eating the cookie. Here's Luke decorating his snowman family.
 Sprinkles were everywhere but it was so much fun making memories.
Sugar Cookie Recipe


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
Instructions: 
 
Cream butter and sugar, add egg and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. Refrigerate dough 2 hours. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface. Dip cutter into flour before use.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. If using a dark cookie sheet, reduce heat 25 degrees. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet or on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheet and cool. Ice with following recipe.



Sugar Cookie Icing Recipe


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 teaspoons milk
  • 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
  • food coloring
Instructions:

Stir the powdered sugar and the milk until smooth. (note: I always have to add another teaspoon or two of milk) Beat in corn syrup and extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If too thick, add more corn syrup. Divide icing into separate bowls and stir in food coloring as desired.


 
  

3 comments:

  1. good pics - i miss my sweet avery!!! (and luke)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! you are so creative! the cookies look and sound yumy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I posted on this one but I guess I didn't...I'm so glad you posted your sugar cookie recipe!! Me and Britt are gonna start making cookie bouquets! I miss Avery and Luke so much!

    Randi

    ReplyDelete