Sunday, February 6, 2011

Luke and Avery's Visit

Luke and Avery came for the weekend a few weeks ago. Randall met Ross in New Boston to pick them up on Friday afternoon. Avery's shoes got left in the truck so Saturday morning we went to the dollar store and bought her a pair and I also got her some socks and panties to keep at our house. You should have seen her. She carried those around the whole time we were in the store and even got upset when the cashier had to take them from her to check them out. The shoes were a little big but she didn't care, she wore them all day and even while she napped.




While Avery was taking a nap, Randall stayed home with her and I took Luke to Paula's to play with James. Here's a couple of pictures of Luke and James in the go-cart. 



Every time Luke comes he wants James to spend the night. So this time we decided to have a "slumber party". Not only did James stay the night but Paula, Joyce and mother also stayed. And yes, Randall was here and he survived the night. After our hotdogs that night we had an ice cream party. I had all kinds of toppings for the kids to choose from... chopped snicker bar candy, chopped butterfinger bar candy, strawberries, nuts, chocolate chips, malt balls, gummy bear. I think the kids put everything on their ice cream instead of choosing just one or two toppings. Paula also made a new s'more brownie recipe that was very rich and good. 



They played the wii until late then we put down the mattresses and everyone finally settled down. I wish I had a picture of everyone but all I have is the bedding the next morning. 



3 comments:

  1. wow it looks fun at nana and poppa's house.

    they need helmets on the go kart

    i love those pictures of avery

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute kiddos!
    i'm sure they have a blast at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have come to the slumber party...those desserts look awesome. I love the pic of avery in her undies!

    ReplyDelete