Saturday, February 5, 2011

Paula Deen

A couple of weeks ago I made several recipes from a Paula Deen show on the food network channel called brown-baggin-it. (See link below for recipes)

I made the Italian pasta salad and sweet tea-brined fried chicken on a biscone. I halved the recipes and we still had leftovers. I think the pasta salad was actually better the next day. I only made a few changes. I left the olives out of the pasta salad just because I didn't have any. After I brined the chicken breasts I cut them in strips instead of leaving them whole. I used yellow cheddar cheese instead of white. For the butter I used green onions instead of scallions. 




http://www.foodnetwork.com/paulas-best-dishes/brown-baggin-it/index.html

3 comments:

  1. nothing better than some sort of fried chicken on some sort of biscuit

    ReplyDelete
  2. man that looks delicious.
    you can't go wrong with Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fried chicken and cheese...my 2 favorite things, i love paula. that pasta salad looks so fresh and tasty too

    ReplyDelete