Saturday, February 5, 2011

Luke Turns 7

Luke's first celebration was at Joe's Dog House in Mena. I made his number 7 cake, cookies, cupcakes and pretzel sticks for his hunting theme party. 


Luke's number 7 cake


These cookies took longer to ice than expected so I stopped with 4 and used them for decoration


Cupcakes with little duck and number 7 cookies.


Chocolate-covered pretzel sticks











After his party with his friends we went to Papa Poblano's for dinner. And Luke got a special treat when the waitresses came out and sang happy birthday and gave him a sopapilla. He also got to wear a sombrero.





After the dinner we all went back home to play xbox kinect and believe it or not, to eat more. I took my chocolate fountain and s'more maker. Both were Christmas gifts years ago and this was the first time I had used them. The chocolate didn't flow perfectly but the kids didn't mind. Wish I had videos to share of the everyone playing the xbox kinect (especially Ross). Maybe next time..






   
And the celebration continues...

I stayed for a few days after his parties on Saturday. On Tuesday, January 11th, Luke's actual birthdate, he had a birthday candle on his pig in the blanket for breakfast. I had made him a candy bouquet and kept it hid all weekend. I had planned to take it to school to surprise him. But the 11th turned out to be a snow day and he didn't go to school so we put it out on the porch for him to find. 




I can't believe our little boy is 7. Weren't these pictures just taken yesterday?








3 comments:

  1. oh my god - you are crazy

    wish we could have been there

    ReplyDelete
  2. that cake and those cookies look like they were done by a fancy cake place. very impressed!
    lucky luke got so many celebrations!
    looks like he was a big baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those duck cookies are really neat...i expect the same effort for my children in the next 10 years so don't wear yourself out Nana. he had about five awesome birthdays this year...I remember the day he was born, laying on the cold hospital floor waiting for him to come!

    ReplyDelete