Sunday, April 17, 2011

Broken Hip

After the Hit-a-Thon on Saturday, April 2nd, we went back to Ross and Amy's. When we were leaving their house to go out to eat I slipped outside and fell. Even though in pain, I was able to get up with the help of Ross and Randall and we went ahead and went to Papa Poblanos. Looks like nothing will keep us away from our favorite Mena restaurant.

Still hurting the next day we decided or I should say everyone else decided for me that I was going to the walk-in clinic in Mena. From there I was sent to the ER where an X-ray confirmed that my hip was broken. The Mena hospital wanted to transfer me ambulance to Hot Springs or Ft Smith, but we decided to come back to East Texas and go to the hospital in Marshall.

So after making what seemed like a long trip back by car (and after making a quick stop by the office) we made it to the Marshall ER and got checked in. Dr. Duncan did my surgery the next day on Monday.



At the hospital I received pretty floweres from Mother; Ryan, Randi & Tony; Ross, Amy, Luke & Avery; Wesley and Janet. 

 

These cute measuring spoons with cupcakes on them were hanging from the flowers mother sent. She also brought me a bag or dark chocolate candy bars to the hospital.



Paula knowing how I love to read recipes and how I love dark chocolate brought me two cooking magazines and a big dark chocolate candy bar to the hospital.


I was released from the hospital on Wednesday. 

The Mad Doctor 

Just kidding. Randall has been great. Don't know what I would do without him. He waits on me, cooks for me, helps me get around and gives me my shot everyday. 

After I got home both Jodi and Janet brought delicious meals to the house. Billy made a cabbage rice soup and Janet made a noodle chicken casserole and garlic bread. If I get her recipe I will post it later.

Jodi also brought me a cute basket with cute eggs and a package of jellybeans.

 

Becky, Karry and family sent me this pretty plant.


Ross, Amy, Luke, Avery and Lindy came to visit for the weekend. Mother made a chocolate cake, Mexican casserole, cream corn, and homemade rolls for all of us to eat.

A physical therapist is coming in three days a week. I can not put any weight on my left leg for 8 weeks. I came home from the hospital with a walker then Monday a wheelchair was delivered to the house.

I am on the road to recovery.  Thanks to everyone for the flowers, cards, calls, gifts and food.

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness. i can't believe you went on and did things after falling. you are tough!
    sweet and thoughtful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. man those other gifts were way better than my crappy flowers, sorry i will be more thoughtful next time you break something

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish that we could have been there to help out...although my cooking would be down right shameful compare to yours! I could at least have given your shots, but I know Randall is doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete