Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Memphis/Louisville

On March 16th  Mother, Paula, Joyce, James and I got up early and drove to Memphis. We did all the "Elvis" things. I chose Neely's BBQ to have my birthday dinner that night. I watch Down Home With the Neelys on Food Network and thought it would be really neat to go to their restaurant. The food was good but the service was terrible which really shocked me after watching the show. 








 
We left the next morning for Louisville. On the way we stopped and had lunch at the Old County Store located at the Casey Jones Village in Jackson, Tennessee.

I made sugar cookies shaped like clovers with green icing for us to eat on the way to celebrate St Patrick's Day. (I forgot to get a picture of them.)




We had a great time in Louisville visiting with Ryan, Randi and Tony. We went to the park, Louisville Bat Factory, Churchill Downs, Indiana and we ate and ate and ate. We went to several neat restaurants, the ice cream place just down the street from their house, the pie company, the bakery, and we cooked outside the last night. 






















The night before we left Jefferson I also made cookies for Ryan, Randi and Tony. All but one made it to Louisville without breaking.

Here is Randi's cookie bouquet with nursing hats and flowers. The nurse hat was cut from another homemade cookie cutter that Randall and I made.



Here are Ryan's tooth, mouth and toothbrush cookies made from cookie cutters I bought in Granbury.  


Tony works for Lending Tree. In case you can't tell what these are, they are a computer with the Leaning Tree logo on the screen, a dollar sign, and a house to represent home mortgages. I just cut these out with a knife instead of making a cookie cutter. 


On Sunday we drove back to Jefferson. It was a long drive back but not bad. Mother and I took turns driving. We made several quick stops to break up the drive.

It was a great trip and I look forward to going back.


3 comments:

  1. great post, hope we get to go back up there this summer, maybe for a long weekend. that picture with you and ryan and tony looks like a framer. you can cut me out of another picture and glue it on to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. come on down

    we are tentatively planning on jtown for july 4

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun fun trip! i have always wanted to try a food network restaurant.
    i can't believe the cookies! those are awesome! you should go into business.

    ReplyDelete