Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Weekend Getaway


Back in February, Randall and I took a last minute weekend trip to Granbury. He planned the whole trip. It was a great relaxing weekend. We stayed at a bed and breakfast downtown on the square named Alfonso's Loft. It was above the Nutshell Eatery and Bakery.










We walked around and around the square. I don't think there was a store that we didn't go in. And you know the way I shop. I look first then I go back to the store later to look again and then maybe buy something. Randall was very patient. He would sit out on a bench and wait if there was a store he didn't want to go in. I had the best fudge at one of the stores. It was a peanut butter chocolate layered fudge that also had caramel and nuts. I have looked on line for a recipe and can't find anything close. I may have to go back to Granbury just to get that fudge and to go back to my favorite store...the Pan Handle. I have never seen so many cookie cutters in one store plus they had all kind of other cooking supplies. I bought several new cookie cutters there.









Just down the street from the square was some really neat yard art.





We also walked on city beach, which is a nice little beach not far from the square. It has a long pier that goes all around the swimming area.







Sunday morning after a delicious breakfast at the Nutshell and after another walk around the square we drove to Glen Rose before heading back to Jefferson. 

First we stopped at Big Rocks Park. 






We also found a neat little river walk at Heritage Park.


We then went to Dinosaur Valley State Park.



We have been to the Granbury and Glen Rose twice before, once in 1990 with Mamaw, Brent, Becky, Larry, Kyle and Kane then we went back in 1992 with our immediate family.








Looking forward to going back. I want to take Mother to Granbury and take Luke, Avery, Joyce and James to Dinosaur Valley State Park and to Dinosaur World just outside the park.

2 comments:

  1. i remember the dinosaur park. i wonder if i had just taken off my one water wing before the picture? luke would like that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. never heard of these places but i think i would love to take that same trip!

    ReplyDelete